• Entirely conceived for the modern game and performance, the RCC (RCC = Rebond Contrôlé Carbone = Controlled Bounce Carbon Steel) is the first of the latest generation of Obut top-range competition boules. It is a concentrate of all new metallurgy technologies, which have enabled Obut to use a new carbon steel and to adapt a new manufacturing concept specific to the petanque boule.
• With its incomparable ability to absorb shock and deaden impact -particularly when playing with a "plombé" high lobbing technique on very hard ground - and its minimal recoil during a "plein fer" direct hit lobbed stun shot, its new carbon steel and its very advanced new treatment process, the RCC boule has three additional qualities that win the approval of petanque champions, who testify as follows:
• "it falls well when you do a head-on stun shot"
• "it stays nice and smooth with use, and it remains pleasant to touch"
• "it keeps its 'anti-bounce' properties for a long time, even when it's used intensively"
• This boule is surprising at first. It takes a little while to get used to it. Then it enhances attacking play on difficult terrain (with lobs and "plein fer" direct hit stun shots) by good petanque players
• RCC is the new Carbon steel Obut boule that falls wonderfully, with controlled bounce and limited wear!
• Hardness + means: the response in play of a very, very soft boule together with the hardness of a traditional half- soft boule. With the new treatment process, it is "still pleasant feeling" while having "increased long life" even when it is used intensively on rough, corrosive terrain.
• High-tech carbon steel of the latest generation.
• Excellent controlled balance.
• Black finish on soft shot-peening, which normally wears away, with use.